Sunday, January 15, 2012

And...We're Back

I'm hard-pressed to remember why I called this blog "Learning by Accident" when I started it four and a half years ago. I'm sure it had a lot to do with the way I felt about mothering two small kids--the sheer fumbling uncertainty of raising two humans makes every day an unwitting lesson about life. There's no book you can read to tell you how to do it. You have to figure it out on your own, sometimes in the hardest way: when to pick them up and when to let them cry; when to say no and when to say yes; when to fight and when to sit down at the kitchen table with People magazine and let them tantrum their way through the next twenty minutes. Everything I know about being a mom I learned by accident.

It's been almost three years since I posted on this blog. During that time, I went through a divorce. Or maybe I should say I "survived" a divorce--because crawling away from the wreckage of your marriage does feel a little like surviving a bad accident. But I hope I've learned a little from that accident---about love, and loss, and what makes a family. And now I'm ready to write again, and maybe learn some new things, too. So I hope you'll keep reading!

No comments: